Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beware-cranky Ellen is about to be let loose!

It is that time of year again.  Lent.  Ash Wednesday through Easter.  After calculating that on my calendar I discovered it is 46 days.  I haven't always given up something for Lent but I think this year I totally should.  In fact, at my office we are forming a support group.  :)  


Since my weekdays can be pretty hectic at times, I tend to skip meals occasionally and at times opt for candy (typically chocolate) instead.  Shocker.  So when we were discussing what to give up, it was only natural that my biggest sacrifice would be sweets.  At first I wasn't going to include my beloved granita, which is a frozen cappuccino/espresso drink from my favorite coffee shop, because my friend said that is coffee, not dessert.  (I am pretty sure no one who spends any time with me wants me to give up my only source of caffeine-for their own sakes).  However, in the end I decided to go ahead and throw it all in.  I am a tiny bit scared.  I pretty much live on sweets and the thought of giving up a lot of what gets me through the work day frightens me.  


Most people think I won't do it because I tend to get excited about exercise plans, cutting back on sugar, etc quite often and then give it up usually 2 weeks later.  But I am totally doing it.  It is worth it.


I will not be held responsible for any irrational thoughts that might be posted in the future 7 weeks.  It is just the crazy in me coming out.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should take up smoking in the meantime. Or prescription meds. Something. I'm not sure the world is ready for crazy Ellen. ;)

    Just kiddin.... kinda. I'm just sayin... ;)

    ReplyDelete